What is this blog and/or any mention of The Ever-Growing List? Explanation.

Monday, August 9, 2010

Fruits of Labor/Wolf Peach Addiction

What is this blog and/or any mention of The Ever-Growing List? Explanation.


Where do your gardens grow?

I basically have two gardens where my vegetables are growing--a dedicated vegetable garden and a flower-slash-vegetable garden which became host to my extra baby tomato sprouts. The dedicated-vegetable garden has produced an abundant and generous helping of tomatoes and provided many toasted tomato sandwiches... which were so amazing that I couldn't stop eating them. I think I ate nothing but tomato sandwiches for a week and a half straight, three sandwiches a day. Three tomatoes a day, people, that's what I'm saying!

I know there are some folks who don't like tomatoes. I don't like tomatoes unless they are literally grown out of my garden, vine-ripened. Jersey tomatoes are world famous, made that way by the texture and climate of the growing season. They are spectacular; I can't explain it. They truly taste like a fruit when they're ripe, and you find yourself addicted to them. It's a sad day when your tomato supply has been raided (by yourself and your family) and facing you is the realization that, at least for awhile, you may have to buy someone Else's tomatoes. The horror!


A little salt, a little pepper, a little yummy.

This was a particularly good little tomato.

How do your gardens grow?

How, indeed. Let it be noted that I twice emptied out a pool full of water around my garden, and that resulted in some tomatoes splitting open--too much water, not such a great thing. I was hoping the hot weather would somehow even out the amount of water that my vegetable plants endured. Alas, they were still delicious.


The peppers have finally started growing.

And my proud little tomato sprouts in my flower-slash-vegetable garden have blossomed--albeit a little late, but that's a good thing, because a new batch is coming.


I look forward to the fruits!


Tomatoes, cucumber, basil in the flower-slash-vegetable garden.


Some of my little sprouts became these big scrawny guys.


I didn't get as many pictures as I should have of all of the actual tomatoes on the vine, but here is one!


So, basically, A+ on Item 105, self. A+.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails